Ho Ho Haul, Merry Christmas
Now look what we have here––I finally had the guts to film and upload a Youtube video. Definitely a big step out of my comfort zone and as mentioned, a clear picture of someone lazy to take photos for a blog post. I don’t have plans of sharing this on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook because well, that’s just weird and embarrassing. Hope you enjoy this rambly and slightly crap quality video… Go easy on me. Oh and also!
I just upload our Kuala Lumpur vlog. More than a tad bit late on doing so but, better late than later.
Review: MyChelle Dermaceuticals Youth Blemish Control Kit
I have got to be one of those people with THE most hard-to-please skin. I can never find the right products that suit me and as hard as it is to accept, I can’t risk trial-and-error - especially when it comes to the stuff I use on my skin (e.g. skincare, foundations, etc.)
My skin type is combination to normal. Like most combination skin, I get oily on my t-zone and chin. I get actual pimples when it’s that time of the month or when I stubbornly touch my face nonstop, trying to pop pimples, over-exfoliating and every single abrasive thing I try on or do to my face… but I’ll go in depth about my skin condition in a separate post.
As I’ve mentioned above, I get all up in my face and this almost all the time NEVER helps. It just leaves me with bumps, scarring and discoloration. I just got a facial at my dermatologist’s clinic last week and this means my skin isn’t as bad as it was before having the procedure done. However, I wanted something to maintain the unclogged-ness and clarity of my skin and just basically improve the overall appearance, hoping to look a tad bit more radiant.
Healthy Options has a number of organic, non-animal-testing, all natural hair, body and skin care brands and although I have yet to try every single one, there are some that I do repurchase - T.N. Dickinson’s Witch Hazel toner and the Alba Botanica ACNEdote Deep Pore Wash to name a few. I know I said I don’t often experiment with skincare (definitely learned my lesson testing out both raved-about drugstore and even high end products) but I usually get better results trying out stuff from Healthy Options, that’s why I decided to purchase this kit from MyChelle Dermaceuticals - a line I believe Healthy Options just recently carried. I wanted to try their Clear Skin Cleanser but I was quite skeptic about it… and the price. It was relatively pricier than the ACNEdote one but it really did seem promising.
This adorable little kit from their “Hello Beautiful” Collection caught my eye. I decided to purchase the one targeted for my skin type, which is the Youth Blemish Control one instead, just to try it out. It came with six sample sizes of their products catered to oily/combination, acne-prone skin inside this little green box - perfect to reuse as well. I immediately tried 5 of 6 products the night I got home and have been using it since. The individual product reviews are based on trying them out for about three days already.
- Clear Skin Cleanser - I compared the cleanser to ACNEdote and I think I like it more. It has the same sort of citrusy fresh scent and it came in a liquid gel form as well. What I did like about it though was the consistency. It was a lot thinner and lighter in texture, making the lather quite easy to work with and again comparing the two, the MyChelle one didn’t dry out my skin as much and it didn’t leave it flaky and/or itchy. It also helped in lightening a few scars.
- Incredible Pumpkin Peel - I’ve used this twice already and the first time I did, I didn’t really know what to feel… but only because of the scent. The pumpkin I could fathom, however it seemed to be mixed with something else that made it smell a bit like, pardon me, vomit. The product felt like baby food on your face, only slightly tingly (they aforementioned this in the little info card). The results were pretty great though. It gave me a boost of radiance and my face felt a lot cleaner and smoother.
- Clear Skin Spot Treatment - Spot treatment is acne-prone skin’s best friend. I have yet to try something that didn’t leave me with burnt spots all over my face until this little one came along. This one in particular is so gentle, yet effective at the same time. I would say it works a bit more gradually than say, Panoxyl or something but at least it never leaves my skin panting for moisture with all the dry patches I used to get with other spot treatments. I would definitely repurchase the first three products I just mentioned.
The next group of products that didn’t fit in my tiny hand are:
- Fruit Enzyme Mist - This sounded like vitamin C in a spray bottle to me and we all know that vitamin C does wonders for your face. I’ve been itching to try out the Body Shop Vitamin C spray but never really gotten around to purchasing it so when I saw this in the box, I was excited. It tasted a bit funny, but who’s to blame but me? It was never something edible to begin with anyway. It was a kick of freshness that my skin absorbed quickly. Plus points for that.
- Clear Balancing Cream - Anything in cream form I’m quite iffy to try out since my pores are quite sensitive and clog up quickly with products like these. I took the risk with this since I figured I wouldn’t get the kit’s full benefits if I didn’t. It was not as bad as I expected. As of now, I haven’t seen any unusual bumps yet so that must be a good sign. I appreciate how it dries out matte and unlike others, didn’t leave my skin greasy. I have the same issue with sunscreen too but the…
- Sun Shield SPF 28 Unscented - did not disappoint. I stray from face products with sunscreen because it is the ultimate pore clogger for me. I swear, anything cream-based (even Cetaphil moisturizer… yes, my skin sensitivity is shocking!) leaves me with whiteheads and milia (what’s milia? like I said, I’ll talk about this another time). This one is particular is very lightweight and feels like absolutely nothing and again, as of now no clogging has commenced.
That’s about it. So far I like the kit and would repurchase most of the products in it. My newly facial-ed skin and these products have brought my skin to its best state in months. Join me in keeping fingers crossed the progress doesn’t backfire because that would only mean I wasted my time typing this blog post instead of doing something more productive… like thinking of more ways to eat peanut butter after dinner. Til then.
hi! can i know where you got those scented candles? thanks! :)
Hello! I usually get mine from Bath and Body Works or Daiso. Just basically all over the place.
have you tried shopping in thrift stores? if yes, where?
I’ve tried a number but I always go back to Sarah’s Ukay Ukay in BF Resort and this other one in Tagaytay.
Hi, where did you buy the clothes? Is it in tagaytay? If you wouldn’t mind, may I know the name of the thrift shop? I’m planning to buy there too :)
Hi. Hhmm, if I remember it right, I think the place is called Jennifer’s Apparel House. It’s right beside the hospital by the rotonda. Their stuff is a tad bit pricier than other thrift shops but most of them are of good quality anyway so the slight difference shouldn’t be a big deal. Make sure to drop by when they’re on sale!
When are we celebrating with the Princess Datu? Love you favorite Chinese girl. ;)
It’s been months and we haven’t celebrated thesis yet. This is madness. I miss you both!
best paid apps? :)
I haven’t really come across a ton of paid apps I liked enough to buy so I guess the next best thing I paid for were the VSCO in-app purchases.
best concealer (for under eye circles and zit scars) and foundation? :)
The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer is amazing for under the eyes. For scarring, I usually spot cover with my Revlon or Cover Girl foundation.
hello issa :) what camera did you use to take your photos? and where did you edit them? i really love your photographs! they’re just amazing:) thanks before :)
Hello! I switch it up from time to time… On a regular, I use my old Canon 400D or my iPhone 4S. Our Malaysia trip was documented using a Nikon J1, just in case you’re wondering. And wow thank you so much!
ang ganda mo dun sa san sue and kickflip photobook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh no! *barf*…but err thanks, I guess? :-)